How do I generate a CSR on a Sun ONE Server version 5.2?
- In the Sun ONE Server Console navigation tree, double-click on the server from the list that you want to secure using an SSL certificate.
The management window will open for that server.
- From the Console menu, select Security and then Manage Certificates.
- Enter in the password for the security device that holds this certificate.
Note: If you are installing the certificate on an:
- internal (software) security device; then enter in the password for the key and certificate database.
- external (hardware) security device; then enter in the password for the device.
- Click on the Server Certs tab.
- Click on Request. This will open the Certificate Request Wizard.
- In the Certificate Request Wizard, choose the option to Request Certificate Manually and then click on the Next button.
- Enter in the requested information according to the guide below:
Server Name: This is also referred to the as the FQDN (Fully Qualified Domain Name). This is the Host plus the Domain Name. It looks like "secure.example.com" or "example.com".
Organization: This is the exact legal name of the company as it is registered.
Organizational Unit: This field is the name of the department or other group making the request within the organisation.
City/locality: The locality field is the city or town name, for example: Hamilton or London.
State/province: Spell out the state completely; do not abbreviate the parish, state or province name, for example: Pembroke or Connecticut.
Country/region: Select the country that your Organisation is in from the drop-down list.
Show DN: Click this to show the requested information in distinguished name (DN) format. The Show DN button is visible only when you are entering information in fields.
Show Fields: Click this to show the requested information in fields. This Show Fields button is visible only when you are entering information in the DN format.
- After you have entered in all the information required, click on the Next button.
- Enter in the password the for security device which stores this certificate. Once the password has been entered, click on the Next button.
- You will receive two options. Look at the two options below and select the one that applies to you.
- If you have direct access to the internet, select Copy to Clipboard and then click on the Done button to close the Certificate Request Wizard. Navigate to https://www.quovadisglobal.bm/en-GB/Manage/CSRSubmission.aspx. Enter in the appropriate information into the fields and paste your CSR into the Certificate Request (CSR) field.
- If you do not have direct access to the internet, then select Save to File. Click to save your request as a text file. You will be prompted to give the file a name and location. Once you have done that, Click on the Done button to close the Certificate Request Wizard. You must transfer the file you just created to a computer that has internet access. Navigate to
https://www.quovadisglobal.bm/en-GB/Manage/CSRSubmission.aspx. Open the file using Enter in the appropriate information into the fields and paste your CSR into the Certificate Request (CSR) field.