How do I install an SSL certificate onto Cisco ASA 7.x?
Part I - Authenticating the Trustpoint
Please make sure that the certificate file you receive from QuoVadis is in PEM (or base
Part II - Installing the Certificate
- Save the SSL certificate file to your local computer.
- Open the file with a text editor, such as Notepad.
- Keeping the certificate in the text editor open, start the Cisco ASDM. Within ASDM, click Configuration, and then click Properties.
- Expand Certificate, and choose Authentication.
- Click the Enter the certificate text in hexadecimal or base64 format
- Paste the base64-formatted CA Certificate from your text editor into the text area.
- Click on Authenticate.
- Click on OK.
Part III - Configuring WebVPN to Use the Certificate
- Back in the Cisco ASDM, click Configuration, and then click Properties.
- Expand Certificate, and then choose Import Certificate.
- Click the Enter the certificate text in hexadecimal or base64 format radio button, and paste the base64 identity certificate into the text field.
- Click Import, and then click OK.
- Click Configuration, click Properties, and then choose SSL.
- In the Trustpoints area, select the interface that will be used to terminate WebVPN sessions. (This example uses the outside interface.)
- Click Edit.
The Edit SSL Trustpoint dialog box appears.
- From the Enrolled Trustpoint drop-down list, choose the trustpoint you created during the CSR creation process.
- Click OK, and then click Apply.