How do I install the "QuoVadis Secured Site" seal on my website?
This tutorial should be followed after you have obtained and installed your SSL certificate from QuoVadis. A script generator has been created so that the script that must be inserted into your website can be easily created.
- First start by navigating to the "Secured Site Seal Installation" which can be found at https://pkiwidgets.quovadisglobal.com/ssltools/siteSealInstall.aspx.
- In the "Common Name:" field, enter in the common name or the URL of the website for which you have applied and received an SSL certificate for.
- Next, choose the default language that you would like used in the security report that appears when a user clicks the Secured Site seal.
Note: The user can change the language from the default when viewing the security report.
- Next you will need to select the size Secured Site seal that you would like on your website. There are three sizes to choose from. Select the checkbox below the image that you want so that a tick appears in the checkbox.
Tip: For the best display of the QuoVadis Secured Site seal, it is recommended that you have the site seal on a white background. If you place the site seal on a background other than white, it will appear with a white square around the seal. QuoVadis also has PNG equivalent of the GIF images for these site seals. If you wish to place the site seal on a color background, then you may change the *.gif in the code to *.png. The same sizes are supported.
- Please have a read of the Terms and Agreement of using the QuoVadis Secured Site seal.
- Once you have read the Terms and Agreement, click on the "I agree to the terms outlined above" checkbox.
- When you are satisfied with the steps above, click on the "Generate Code" button.
- If you have entered in everything correctly, you will see a green message that reads, "Success: you may now copy the code below."
- Select all of the code that has been generated and copy to your clipboard.
Note: If you need to save a copy of the code, use a simple text editor.
- Open the HTML files of the webpage(s) that you want to insert the "QuoVadis Secured" site seal so that you can edit the HTML content.
Note: It may be a good idea to backup this file before you start doing any HTML editing.
- In the location that you want to insert the image of the site seal, paste in the code that was generated earlier.
- Save the HTML file.
The QuoVadis Secured Site seal will appear on the webpage. The seal is hosted by QuoVadis, and the seal code will not need to be updated in future years as your QuoVadis SSL certificate is renewed.
Why should the QuoVadis Secured Site be installed?
The reasons that you will want to install the QuoVadis Secured Site seal are to:
- Highlight your use of SSL security to enhance privacy over the Internet; and
- Make it simpler for users to verify ownership of your website.
In addition, for some browser versions, the seal enables users to see the enhanced features of Extended Validation (EV) SSL certificates. It is recommended that the QuoVadis Secured Site seal be placed on the home page of the website being protected by the SSL certificate. It is also common practice to install the seal on the home page as well as other pages that deal with sensitive data such as logins, financial transactions, or personal information.