How do I create a strong password?
A strong password has the following characteristics:
- The password is at least 9 characters long
- At least one lower-case letter is used (‘a’)
- At least one upper-case letter is used (‘A’)
- At least one special character is used (‘$’)
- At least one numeral is used (‘2’)
- Does not use palindromes (‘abba’, ‘oininio’, ‘14541’)
- Does not use simple words (‘car’, ‘bike’)
- Does not use sequences (‘12345’, ‘abcd’)
Here are some examples of strong passwords. Due to the fact that this document is available to the general public, you should not use any of these examples as your password.