How do I intialise a SafeNet USB Token?
This guide will explain the process for initialising your SafeNet eToken or SafeNet iKey Token. You must have the SafeNet Authentication Client already installed.
- Open the SafeNet Authenticaiton Client Tools.
- Click on Start and then in the Search programs and files bar, type Tools. This should bring up the SafeNet Authentication Client Tools.
- Alternatively, you can right-click on the SafeNet icon in your system tray and select Tools from the drop-down menu.
This will open the SafeNet Authentication Client Tools window.
- In this window, click the Advanced View icon which is denoted by a Golden Gear symbol .
- In the Advanced View, expand the list in the side view until your see the token you wish to initialise. In the example below, this is the SafeNet eToken 510x.
- Highlight the token and click on the Initialize Token button. This is denoted as a symbol of two blue erasers. Alternatively, you can right click the token in the side view and select Initialize Token from the drop-down menu.
Note: Sometimes the tokens are set with a default password. You shouldn't need to enter in a password to intialise a token, however if asked, the default password of the iKey tokens when shipped is 1234567890.
- The Token Initialization window appears. In this window, set the following:
- Token Name - Set a name for this token.
- Check Create Token Password.
- Logon retries before token is locked - This is the number for attempts to enter in your password before the password is locked. QuoVadis recommends setting this to 10.
- Set and confirm a token password. Note: The password that you create must be a complex password.
- Set Administrator Password - This sets an Administrator Password for the token. It is recommended to leave this as unchecked. Also note that certain types of SafeNet tokens do not support this function.
- Token Password must be changed on first logon - Leave this unchecked.
- Once you have configured the settings for initialisation, press the Start button.
- A confirmation window appears. Select 'OK' to continue.
The token will initialise.
You will be prompted with another window once the process has complete successfully.
In the original view, you should see your new token.