How do I install my AdminID for Trust/Link Enterprise into my browser?Resolution
When you have been appointed an Administrator for Trust/Link, you will need to obtain an AdminID in order to log in. AdminIDs are the names given specifically to certificates used to log into Trust/Link. This guide shows the process of installing one onto your browser.
- You will receive a Notification email from Trust/Link.. Click on the Link in the email.
- At the Registrant Confirmation page, type in your Email Address and the Shared Secret Answer.
- If your Shared Secret is Out-of-Band, you will need to contact the Administrator who set you up in order to obtain it.
- If there is a Shared Secret Question being asked, you will need to type in the answer in the format requested.
If you are using Internet Explorer, you must accept that a certificate is being generated.
Confirm that your details are correct. If they are not correct, you will need to contact your Administrator.
Create a password and then type in the same password again. This password must be between 6 and 12 characters long with at least one capital letter, one numeric character and one symbol. As you satisfy these requirements, the red x's underneath will turn into green check marks.
When ready to proceed, click on the Confirm
button at the bottom.
Optional: Setting Security Level with Internet Explorer
Your private key will be created on the browser and the certificate will be sent to the CA to be processed.
You will receive another email from Trust/Link. Click on the link in this email.
Type in your Email Address and the Certificate Password you created in step 4.
Click on the Install Your Certificate button.Note:
If you are generating this certificate in Internet Explorer, you will need to set the security level of the certificate. Click on the Set Security Level
button to choose from two options.
- High - Setting the security level to high will require a password each time you access the certificate. This is a password that you set. QuoVadis recommends this settings.
- Medium - Setting the security level to medium will prompt you accept that the certificate is being used each time. You will not be required to set a password for this option.
When you have selected your security level, click on the Finish
button and the OK
back in the Creating a new RSA exchange key
You must ensure you are using the same computer and browser type that you used during the private key installation. If this is not the case, then installation will fail as the private key will not be found.Additional Note:
If you are using Internet Explorer, you may receive another Web Access Confirmation warning about This Web site is attempting to perform a digital certificate operation on your behalf
. Click on the Yes
Your AdminID certificate should now be installed successfully. You can now use this certificate to log into Trust/Link.