How do I generate a CSR on Plesk 8?
This knowledge base article explains the process for generating a CSR on Plesk 8.
- Log into Plesk.
- In the Services section, click on the Certificates icon.
- Under the Certificates heading, click on the Add New Certificate icon in the Tools section.
- You will see the Create a new SSL certificate for domain screen. Enter in the following information according to the list below:
In the Certificates section:
Certificate name - Enter a name for the certificate in the field. This is the name that will identify the certificate on Plesk.
In the Preferences section:
Bits - Select 2048 from the drop down list.
Country - Select the country from the drop-list where your Organisation is incorporated.
State or province - Spell out the state completely; do not abbreviate the parish, state or province name, for example: Pembroke or Georgia.
Location (City) - The locality field is the city or town name, for example: Hamilton or London.
Organization name (company) - This is the legal name of your organisation.
Organization department/division name - This optional field is the name of the department or other group making the request.
Domain name - This will be the Common Name of the certificate. The Common Name is the Host + Domain Name. It looks like secure.example.com or example.com.
E-mail - Enter in an email address that will be visible in the certificate.
- When you have entered in all of the criteria, click on the Request button underneath the E-mail field.
- Back in the Certificates screen, scroll down and click on the certificate name that you just created.
- In the SSL certificate for domain name screen, highlight all the text underneath the CSR heading; including the -----BEGIN CERTIFICATE REQUEST---- and -----END CERTIFICATE REQUEST lines.
Note: Do not highlight any of the information underneath Private Key. The information underneath the Private Key heading is your private key and should never leave the server.
- Once the CSR has been highlighted, copy it and submit it to QuoVadis.